DaisyDunnBanner

Sunday 26 February 2012

Contest with author, Jamallah Bergman...

Today is an exciting day! I have with me wordsmith, Jamallah Bergman. She is a talented romance author who knows how to spin a yarn evoking emotions deep inside. Her stories come from the heart with with a glimpse of her own personal experiences peppered through her stories. THE LADY OF GLADSTONE MANOR is her second release and definitely not her last! So, stick around, read a little about Jamallah, her lastest release, and then a contest! Take it away, my dear....

JAMALLAH BERGMAN

For anybody who knows me, I was born to tell a tale or two and when it comes to writing I can express myself in a way that not a lot of people would think that I would do. Most of my stories deal with emotions that I put so much from my life experiences and experiences that I have yet to have and would love to have done. I think that’s why a lot of us read about romance and erotica, we go into a point in the character’s time and we sit back and watch what unfolds.

My story “The Lady of Gladstone Manor” deals with characters that are near and dear to me, especially that of the heroine Brooke Langley. Brooke and I are one in the same, we both have been dealt with something in our lives that seems to have held us back but slowly and surely we are trying to overcome. Taking baby steps is always good and that’s what Brooke has done for herself in my story. I kind of made this story in the fashion of the old fairy tale “Beauty and the Beast” where the ‘beast’ of the story is normally that of the man, in my story however, the ‘beast’ is the woman. I know that whoever reads the pages of my story, will get the
a sense of what it’s like to overcome your insecurities to come out on top in life as well as finding true
love in the most unexpected places.

BLURB

Jackson Belle, the son of a prominent family of landscapers and architects whose work has been
the “Showcase of the South”, goes to take what he thinks is a routine job for his father who is soon in
bed after a fall. He soon finds himself going to Gladstone Manor, a home well known in town as a house
that once would host grand balls and parties for the town. But is nothing more than a shell of its former
glorious self. Soon Jackson finds himself diving deep within the mystery of Gladstone Manor and its
owner Brooke Langley.

Brooke Langley’s life at Gladstone Manor at one time was wonderful and she enjoyed the many
memories she had as a child, watching the many people coming to the parties and balls that her
parents would give. But a tragic accident leaves Brooke in seclusion, afraid of what the world outside
of the Manor would think of her now. It isn’t until Jackson Belle comes into her life and shows her that
someone does care that slowly starts to come out to the world and soon finds true love as well.

EXCERPT

Once he took another shower, dried off and got some pajama pants, Jackson called his mom back.

“Did you have a good shower?”

“Yeah, it kind of cleared my head a bit, I guess. Well, where do I begin?”

“Where all good things do my dear, at the beginning,” his mom told him with a chuckle and he did the
same. “Now tell me what’s on your mind.”

“I was taking Brooke home, she thanked me for bringing her to the house and I told her something. I

don’t quite remember what it was about. But it was when we got to the Manor and I was about to say
goodnight, she kissed me on the cheek,” Jackson said as he felt himself blushing about the experience
once more.

“And what did you do after that?”

“I didn’t get the chance to do anything, she hightailed it inside the house. But I don’t know Momma. I’ve
never felt like that before in my entire life. And ever since then I’ve been fussing with myself about this
kiss. It was a simple kiss for Christ’s sake Momma, why in the hell am I thinking about it more?”

“I think you like her more than you really know Jackson, I think you love her.”

Love…WHAT!

“There is no way I can be in love with Brooke, what makes you think that Momma?”

“I saw how you looked at her during dinner and how she looked at you as well. I can tell when two
people are in love. I mean you obviously have been together basically every other day or so since the
beginning of this job and you are the first person besides the help that has treated her like a human
being and not a freak. It’s been something she’s been wanting for a very long time, you just happen to
be the one. Just keep being her friend, sweetheart. I think you’ll know when the right moment is for you
to tell her how you really feel,” Nancy assured him.

They continued to talk some more until she told him goodnight and got off the phone. He sat there for a
moment and thought to himself, Maybe I am in love with her.


IFONLY YOU KNEW is Jamallah's first release. Both her ebooks are available now.

** CONTEST ** - For one lucky commentator, Jamallah will be giving away a PDF copy of BOTH of her ebooks. All you have to do is leave your name, email address, and why you love romance stories (erotic and non-erotic). She will be announcing the winner sometime on Thursday on this blog and contacting them privately with the prizes. Good Luck everyone!!

Well, thank you so much for being on my blog today, Jamallah. As always, it's such a pleasure to have you here with me. I wish you all best in everything you do...HUGGLES!!!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read. Totally enjoyed the excerpt. Good luck with your release!....Tabs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good romance story, and i look forward to reading all of her stories, I truly wish her the best in all she does. Her personality shines through her stories and the love she has for herself and her family and friends full the fire that she uses to create such wonderful reads. Wishing you all the best in all you do. beautiful_lady50833@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your books sound fabulous! Can't wait to read them :) All the best to you Jamallah!

    *waves at Daisy*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love books! Can't wait to read the next one! Keep them coming Jamallah!
    amynewborn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up thinking romance novels were so dorky. Why would those girls want to read about boys and all that mushy stuff like kissing. *bleech* Give me a good adventure novel or mystery any day.
    Fast forward to years later (still reading mysteries and adventure novels). I discovered several publishing houses on FB. A description of someone's novel caught my eye. I read it. Hmmm, I thought, this could be interesting. And I was hooked. I was given a kindle fire for Christmas and I almost sprained my index finger buying books. I love books...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the excerpt and would love to win your books. Reading romance is my form of relaxation. I have so many to read.

    ainfinger@comcastDOTnet

    ReplyDelete
  7. guess I need to leave my email, lol
    kjkamryn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have enjoyed the first book you wrote. I too love me a "Thick Momma" ! I look forword to reading the new book you worte ! Just knoning there a few of us men do love a full figured ‘sistas’ ! Thank you so much for opening the readers to the love of two people with no biased acceptation !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have foregotten to leave my email to you !pleas forgive me!
    ted_jasper@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I want to give a big thank you to all of you for stopping by and leaving your wonderful comments. Jamallah has picked the winner and it's *pauses for dramatic effect* Andrea!! Jamallah will be in touch with you today via email to send you the prizes. Congrats on the win!!

    Also, I want to thank Jamallah Bergman for being my, guest. As always, it's a pleasure to have you with me on my blog. HUGS!!!

    Daisy Dunn

    ReplyDelete